This is a remote position
Couchers.org is seeking one or two blog writers to write all kinds of topics for our blog. We are looking for all kind of articles from in depth research, personal stories, and updates from the Couchers team!
- Work closely with the Web Content Specialist and Blog Editor to develop blog post topics and create blog content;
- Write blog posts on a consistent basis per availability and agreement with the Blog Editor;
- Use the central blog content management document to choose topics and update the document accordingly with progress on your completed pieces.
- Strong command of written language and ability to follow a style guide;
- Understand the tone and voice of Couchers.org and write content that fits our values;
- Reliable with given timelines;
- Understand SEO best practices;
- Strong attention to detail;
- Previous blog-writing experience preferred.
- 1 or more blog posts every 1-2 weeks;
- 3 months commitment.
Fill out this form. Under "Position Applying For", put "Blog Writer".
We'll review and get back to you as soon as possible — setting up a Zoom call so we can get to know you and you can meet the team.
After accepting the position, we'll send you some volunteer agreements and then get you onboarded with the people you're going to directly work with.