This is a remote position
We are recruiting two or three managers for the Community Builder Program (CBP). Community Builders (CBs) around the world help grow and support the Couchers.org community through local community engagement. CBs serve as ambassadors for their communities that not only engage with the community, but also communicate with and represent their community to other CBs and the Couchers.org core team.
The CBP Managers not only serve as CBs for their own communities, but also work together to onboard, oversee, coordinate, and communicate with other CBs around the world. This is a role-sharing/collaborative volunteer position, and the CBP Managers report to Head of Community and Support.
- Design and implement the CBP — creating and improving resources and documentation;
- Review requests to add new communities to the Couchers.org platform, and ensure creation and growth of communities around the world;
- Review pending CB applications and maintain oversight of current CBs.
- Recruit, onboard, and train new CBs.
- Organize regular meetings with CBs and core team;
- Moderate any issues or conflicts that arise among CBs;
- Create a monthly report based on feedback from CBs and the community at large;
- Coordinate with the support team if any community issues arise;
- Communicate organization goals and other information to CBs;
- Actively serve as a CB for at least one community;
Skills and Experience
An ideal candidate would have the following skills:
- 2+ years of couch surfing experience (regardless of the platform);
- Experience as an event organizer or community manager, especially within a couch surfing community;
- Experience organizing events both online and in person;
- Ability to moderate conversations even in contentious situations;
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and organizational skills;
- Excellent organization management, and team-building skills;
- Familiarity with online tools, databases and spreadsheets is a plus;
- Fluency in English both written and spoken; additional languages a plus;
- 5-10 hours per week on average;
- 6 months minimum commitment;
- Willingness to role-sharing/collaborate with the other CBP Managers;
Fill out this form. Under "Position Applying For", put "Community Builder Program Manager".
We'll review and get back to you as soon as possible — setting up a Zoom call so we can get to know you and you can meet the team.
After accepting the position, we'll send you some volunteer agreements and then get you onboarded with the people you're going to directly work with.