This is a remote position
We are recruiting Compliance Specialists to provide our 501(c)3 non-profit organization and volunteer teams with guidance in the area of regulatory compliance and risk management. Compliance Specialists should have expertise in one or more specific areas in one of our key markets. This is a role-sharing/collaborative volunteer position in which several Compliance Specialists may work together. The Compliance Specialist reports to the Community & Support Team Leader.community.
- Specific duties may vary depending on the area of specialty;
- Review policies, website content, incidents, SOPs and identify any areas of concern;
- Assess any potential regulatory concerns and other risks;
- Provide feedback to team leaders on any potential areas of concern;
- Help Team Leaders develop plans to address concerns and mitigate or eliminate risk;
- Keep up to date with current and upcoming regulatory requirements;
- Serve as a primary point of contact for legal and regulatory questions.
Skills & Experience
An ideal candidate would have the following skills:
- Expertise in at least one area of law or risk management (generalists also welcome);
- Experience investigating regulations or other legal concerns;
- Familiarity with data privacy requirements of GDPR, CCPA, or similar are a plus;
- Familiarity with 501(c)3 non-profit organizations or other volunteer organizations is a plus;
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and organizational skills;
- Fluency in both written and spoken English; additional languages a plus.
- 5 hours per week on average
- 6 months commitment
Fill out this form. Under "Position Applying For", put "Compliance Specialist".
We'll review and get back to you as soon as possible — setting up a Zoom call so we can get to know you and you can meet the team.
After accepting the position, we'll send you some volunteer agreements and then get you onboarded with the people you're going to directly work with.