This is a remote position
We are recruiting up to four volunteers that will be coordinating the Volunteer Management Program (VMP). The main goal of the VMP is to ensure that Couchers.org has the volunteer capacity to fulfil its mission. To meet that goal, the group of Volunteer Coordinators must perform a variety of duties involving recruitment, training and program planning.
The VMP consists of 5 main areas:
- Identifying the organization's needs and creating/improving processes
- Pre-onboarding: recruiting and placing volunteers
- Onboarding: orientation and training
- Engagement & Retention: recognition and appreciation of volunteer efforts
This is a job-sharing/collaborative volunteer position. The group will be working together and reporting to the Executive Director.
- Helping to create process and procedures for the Volunteer Management Program
- Recruiting, onboarding and supervising new volunteers
- Maintaining an up-to-date volunteer database
- Informing volunteers about volunteer opportunities within the organization
- Managing the volunteer management mailbox
- Matching volunteers to opportunities that suit their skills sets
- Preparing and maintaining policies and procedures to uphold the organization's values
- Organizing engagement activities, meetings and events
- Communicating frequently with volunteers
Skills & Experience
- Experience as Volunteer Coordinator or similar role
- At least 1 year experience as a volunteer (ideal but not required)
- Experience organizing online events
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and organizational skills
- Excellent organization management, and team-building skills
- Leadership skills gained through practice
- 10 hours per week on average
- 6 months minimum commitment
- Willingness to job-share with the other volunteer coordinators
Fill out this form. Under "Position Applying For", put "Volunteer Coordinator".
We'll review and get back to you as soon as possible — setting up a Zoom call so we can get to know you and you can meet the team.
After accepting the position, we'll send you some volunteer agreements and then get you onboarded with the people you're going to directly work with.