We publish regular development updates to let you know what we have been working on, as well as what's coming soon.
Note: we didn't publish development updates two weeks ago.
A quick overview of what the development team will be working on in the next few weeks.
Mobile applications for iOS and Android
We've started building mobile apps for Couchers.org, and will be giving updates on the progress in the coming months. If you're a developer with experience using React Native and are interested in contributing to this effort, please complete the contributor form and let us know!
Events and community building
In the past month, we've been working hard to build the events feature for you and your community, as well as other functionality for Community Builders to help build their local community. If you'd like to help out in building the couch surfing community near you through Couchers.org, please let us know by filling in the Community Builder form!
Latest features and bugfixes
Here's a couple of the features we worked on in the last month:
- Events: created a page to view all events [#1976]
- Communities: it's now easier to browse communities through a hierarchical community browser [#1966]
- Reporting: added a flag button to reporting content [#1822]
- Community Builders: you can now upload a photo for your community [#1935]
- Dev: added an online development environment to make it easier for new devs to get started [#1916]
- Signup: we now double check that someone else didn't start signing up with the username you'd like which was causing rare issues [#1949]
- Signup: fixed some frontend error handling so error messages are now less cryptic [#1957]
- Events: fixed a bug that prevented events from being edited if there was another overlapping event [#1925]
- Events: fixed a bug where the event creation and edit form would overflow on mobile [#1975]
Since the last update, 19 developers contributed to Couchers.org through 181 changes that changed 4.0 thousand lines of code. A warm welcome to the seven new contributors who joined in the project and helped out on the codebase!
None of this would be possible without our 100+ volunteers working in all areas of the project. The development teams would like to thank the rest of the core contributors for making our work possible.
Join the development team
You can join our development team on GitHub at Couchers-org/couchers; or if you don't have time right now, give us a star to show your support! We work in the open and need as much help as we can get to build teh next generation couch surfing platform!
Written by Aapeli. Published on 2021/09/26.
Want to submit to our blog? Sign up and let us know.