We publish regular development updates to let you know what we have been working on, as well as what's coming soon.
A quick overview of what the development team will be working on in the next few weeks.
Mobile applications for iOS and Android
We've started building mobile apps for Couchers.org, and will be giving updates on the progress in the coming months. If you're a developer with experience using React Native and are interested in contributing to this effort, please complete the contributor form and let us know!
Events and community building
In the past month, we've been working hard to build the events feature for you and your community, as well as other functionality for Community Builders to help build their local community. If you'd like to help out in building the couch surfing community near you through Couchers.org, please let us know by filling in the Community Builder form!
Latest features and bugfixes
Here's a couple of the features we worked on in the last month:
- Events: events happening in your communities now show up on the dashboard [#2026]
- Handbook: we started on the Support Handbook with an initial help page [#2068, #2069]
- Chat: you can now press enter to send a message [#2048]
- We added page titles so that you can now disambiguate between different tabs [#2006]
- Profile: the save button now floats on the screen so it's visible at all times [#2007]
- Events: fixed a bug that prevented editing an ongoing event [#2036]
Since the last update, 10 developers contributed to Couchers.org through 62 changes that changed 1.9 thousand lines of code. A warm welcome to the two new contributors who joined in the project and helped out on the codebase!
None of this would be possible without our 100+ volunteers working in all areas of the project. The development teams would like to thank the rest of the core contributors for making our work possible.
Join the development team
You can join our development team on GitHub at Couchers-org/couchers; or if you don't have time right now, give us a star to show your support! We work in the open and need as much help as we can get to build teh next generation couch surfing platform!
Written by Aapeli. Published on 2021/10/10.
Want to submit to our blog? Sign up and let us know.